Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation...and now onto the REAL WORLD!!


So it's official-I am a college graduate! I have finished my undergraduate degree in International Relations with a minor in French (member of the foreign language's honor society!) The graduation ceremony was yesterday (Sunday, May 24th) at 9am. The weather was absolutely perfect. Warm but not hot, breezy but not windy! I had so many that came to support me. Mike and Kathy Barton. Toni, Anthony and Ri-bug Keenan. Heather, Beau, Jenn and Pat. Carol, Jack, Betsey, John and Bev. Miss Auntie Suzanne! My dad, Brett, and Max. Erin and Geno! The entire Nelson Family and of course Grandma. And last but certainly not least...my Tommy. My grad party was up at the Nelson's house, Lisa graciously hosted the party. She of course hosted an amazing party, full of fun times, laughter, smiles, and incredible food (per normal). It was definitely rough not having my mom there during the ceremony but my dad picked up my necklace that my Grandfather had given me from my mom the day before and was resourceful enough to get it to me during the ACTUAL CEREMONY via a security guard. GO DAD! I called my mom in the middle of the ceremony so that in a sense she was there with me. I think she really liked that. Everyone was so dang amazing. I am no doubt a blessed individual.
And now...onto the real world...more to come...

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!! I'm pretty sure you're going to look back and wonder how you did it all at this crazy time in your life... I'm proud of you! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete