Saturday, April 11, 2009

Listen

Obviously based upon the name of my blog, music is extremely important to me. I have always wanted to have music be a part of my career but I long ago realized that I wasn't talented enough to make it in the music business. Yet, even with that blow to my dreams, I know that music will always be a vital part of my life and I truly believe music can change your life. I always wanted to sing on a huge stage, and make a music video...touch people through my music just like so many artists have done for me in my past. So many songs/artists have given me the strength, power, sight to know what was meant to be and how to continue to live even when life's road got bumpy.
So the reason for this blog?
A list of songs that have changed my life...it will obviously not be complete, but a beginning...

Listen- Beyonce (preferably from the movie Dreamgirls because well yea, just watch it!)
Lost- Anouk (I cry literally every time...also if you enjoy dance watch the So You Think You Can Dance video with the song)
All I Want to Do- Sugarland
Stay- Sugarland
Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis
I Am Changing- Jennifer Hudson
Because Of You-Ne-yo
I Got Rhythm- Lena Horne
You'll Think of Me- Keith Urban
Just A Dream- Carrie Underwood
Seasons of Love- Rent (amazing!)
I'll Cover You (Reprise)- Rent (I cry every time I listen to it)
Don't Think I Don't Think About It- Darius Rucker
Defying Gravity- Wicked
For Good- Wicked
Waiting For the World to Change- John Mayer
Lucky- Jason Mraz (featuring Colbie Caillet)
You're Beautiful- James Blunt
I Don't Want To Be- Gavin DeGraw

I guess that's about it for now...
More later-

No comments:

Post a Comment